Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 5: Bissell Spinwave!

So while everybody's been obsessing about cooking & eating, I was obsessing about my floors.

My floors have been dull and lifeless - dirty, really - and no amount of swiffing with microfiber cloths is doing anything. So a few days ago, I took to looking for an electric mop / buffer / polisher and found the Bissell Spinwave which I promptly ordered. Amazon was nice enough to deliver it this morning even  though the original ETA wasn't until next week.

The Spinwave PLUS model came with extra bottles of cleaning formula and extra cloth buffers. I used the scrubby pads with the cleaning formula to clean my floors (ugh!)

These were how dirty the pads were after I ran them over the floors. This was in the kitchen and:

- we don't wear outside shoes / footwear into the home
- the kitchen regularly gets wiped with a wet swiffer (wet floor cleaner)

The Spinwave is such a great upgrade over plan old elbow grease. The last time husband and I tandem-deep-cleaned & polished our kitchen floor, it took us the better part of the day and we had to down painkillers afterwards for our aching muscles. Today, this was absolutely painless.

Note: I used the included cleaning formula for wooden floors to clean the floor and afterwards, I mixed up my own DIY wood floor polish (vinegar, olive oil, essential oil and hot water) to bring out the glossiness of the floors.

I've already ordered more pads so that we can clean the rest of the house next time.

1 comment:

ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.