Saturday, April 11, 2020

Week 5: Chefs

Going into week 5 of self qurantine.

Recently, I read a post on FB where someone said that with everybody cooking at home and trying out different dishes, everybody will be a chef when all this is over.

I'm far from chef-material but I've tried different dishes last week - even ones I used to cook before but haven't made in years.

1) Steamed pork with salted duck eggs

I used to make this a lot when we were still living inthe condo. Not sure why I haven't made this since we moved to our current home.

Note also that there's too much green onions for the garnish, this was because the husband bought too much last weekend.





2) Braised Crispy Tofu with Shrimp

Recipe here: https://omnivorescookbook.com/braised-crispy-tofu-with-shrimp

Was looking for a tofu - seafood dish for Lent and this was it.






3) Sweet and sour meatballs

I made a large batch of meatballs last weekend and froze a few. I'm particularly proud of this because I thought about making it into a sweet and sour dish to "upcycle" the meatballs instead of just heating them up in the oven and serving.


No comments: