Monday, February 16, 2015

Cold

It's 2 degrees outside and it really feels like -18 because of the windchill.

Yes, in case you are wondering, it feels like -18 FAHRENHEIT outside right now.

I wasn't able to sleep well last night because I keep hearing the howling of the wind and then I worry that our roof is going to get blown off. This thought then brings my worrying to a whole different level because I start thinking about the cost of replacing the roof and the cold and how we're going to keep the house habitable while the roof is out and being repaired,..... well, you get the point. Hence, the sleeplessness.

It seems like winter has been getting colder and harsher year after year. I don't remember it being this cold in the past decade that I've been here.

As for the family, we have just been keeping warm in the house, we haven't been out once the entire weekend and looks like Swe-cha and I will be staying home all day again tomorrow, given that it's a holiday. We are thankful that we haven't been getting snow, unlike the New England states. It's bad enough that our brakes are failing (mine failed on my way to work last Friday and I had to pull over into a grocery store parking lot to get it pumped/primed/warmed up) due to the extreme cold, I wouldn't want to have to fight my way through ice & snow on the streets as well.

One highlight of the weekend though is how much fun hubby and I had making "shaken iced tea". I've been somehow addicted to Starbucks' version and this weekend, we made some and shook it up in a bottle, making a lot of froth, it was a lot of fun and so yummy. Compared to Starbucks, it was cheap too (and you know that this is my operative word)!

No comments: