Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mommy is Sick

There is no reprieve for Mommy when she gets sick. Daddy tries to do more than his share of babysitting & chores, but when Mommy sees him get irate when baby is fussy, it's Mommy to the rescue again.

Sigh. There's no rest for the weary.

But I have to admit that being a mommy, even a sick one, does have its rewards. Last Thursday was when this all started and I felt the worst, Swe-cha cooperated with me and let me snooze a little bit more when he woke up from his nap. Instead of crawling away, as he usually does when he wakes up, he sat beside me and just played with his teether and pacifier. He would turn around to look at me and / or touch my face every now and then and make little mewling sounds as if to say, "mommy, hope you're feeling better". He did that for a good 10, 15 minutes before he decided that it was enough and he wanted to go crawling. By then, I had had a good rest and was able to go chasing after him until Daddy got home that night.

No comments: