Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wall climbing again!

Hubby and I went back to NJ rock gym after 11 months.

Thankfully, while we did suffer some set backs in our akyat-bahay wall-climbing skills (we were actually getting quite good when we stopped going last year), it wasn't quite so bad as I had initially thought.

I was able to climb 4 routes, two with 5.5 ratings (super easy) and 2 with 5.6 ratings, not bad for the first time - especially considering that we're both out of shape and terribly overweight.

Now, my arms, fingers, legs, and all sorts of muscles that I've forgotten about are hurting.

I don't really know why we do this to torture ourselves... I really don't :-)

---
photograph taken from the NJ rock gym site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you are working out. I've been good about going to the gym this year :)

popcorn said...

Hi Mylene, thanks for the comment :)

I just hope that we can keep this up. Now, all our muscles are aching and sore, di kami makabalik pa! And yes, we did stretch before and after climbing... talagang di lang sanay pa.

Aybee said...

Oh I miss wall climbing too. I need to look for a buddy cause Jarno is afraid of heights, although he did try it once with me.

Good to know you've started climbing again!

popcorn said...

Hi Ivy,

Sammie is not too good with heights too, but he does it anyway because of me.

Natuwa nga ako recently because I noticed that he's doing a lot more things now that he wouldn't do before. Like dati, he wouldn't reach up with his arm if both feet aren't planted firmly on big footholds. Now willing na siya na maski 1 hand and 1 foot lang yung nakatapak / hawak.

Aliw ;)

Jean