Friday, November 2, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera

I'm enjoying a much-needed time off, it's about time that I use up this floating holiday that we're all entitled to in our company. I will be taking another day off again next week to use up my birthday leave. Fun, no ?

Hubby and I watched a broadway play (his first, my nth, but our first together) last night. We were lucky enough to be able to get affordable front orchestra seats for the Phantom of the Opera. I've been meaning to watch this show for the longest time but TKTS - the place where you can get discounted tickets for musicals - always seem to run out of seats for that show whenever I'm in line.

Anyhow, it was a wonderful evening which started off with a bus ride from NJ to NY, followed by a steak dinner at Tad's (cheap steaks!) and a walk in Times Square to pass the time. We thought it would be prudent to get to NYC early in case we hit traffic.

Of course, we couldn't resist having our picture taken with M&M over by the Hershey's store at Times Square.

The Phantom did not disappoint. We love :-)

1 comment:

Aybee said...

Hey Jean, coincidence naman! we're off to see a musical as well at London West End - Blood Brothers nga lang. We were torn between Phatom and Blood Brothers earlier when we were purchasing tickets, kaso since last time na nanood kami we went for tragic (Les Miserables),we decided to go for something different this time. :)

- Ivy