Monday, July 9, 2007

Dreams

We were at a party yesterday and a friend told me that he dreamt of me a few days ago. In his dream, my verdeng papel was just approved and I was pregnant. His wife then told me that when he woke up, he turned to her and said , "Hun, nasa kanila na ang lahat...".

I didn't know what to say. [Later, I'd find out that hubby had the same reaction.]

On one hand, I was glad to hear the good news but the timing just doesn't seem right - not at the time, anyway. We've always made our baby plans clear from the start. We'd like to have children some day but if the timing were up to us, we'd wait a year or two before we start on that path. Now, my friend's dream alarmed me because getting the verde thingie while I was pregnant in his dream implies one of two things:
(a) that it'll be a year or two before we get our verde thingie
(b) or that we'll get pregnant soon.

Scary, no ?

Some time later, it hit me - why question these gifts ? It would be nice, right ? More than nice, in fact, so now, I'm quite amused. We're still scared but we're also excited at what the future might bring. One thing's for sure, it's gonna be one heck of a roller coaster ride

No comments: