Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chopsuey


I know that veggies are good for the body and still, I am a carnivore 98% of the time. The only veggies that I eat are salads and the occasional ones that would stray onto my spoon because they're too small to weed out.

Hubby and I were shopping for groceries at our neighborhood Asian store when I saw a pack of Ginisa Mix (from Manila) on a shelf. The picture looked so yummy that I decided to try and cook some for dinner that night.

This is the first time that we've cooked this dish and frankly, I don't even know if this is supposed to look this way. Leave me a message and let me know if there's anything we missed or did wrong.

Ingredients:




  • 1/4 lb Shrimp

  • 1 small bunch of Broccoli

  • Straw mushrooms (half can)

  • Quail Eggs (half can)

  • Baby Corn (half can)

  • Snow peas

  • chopped garlic

  • sliced onions

  • olive oil

Cornstarch mixture:



  • 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed w/ 1 cup water

  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (to taste)

  • 1/2 tsp chicken powder (for flavor)

Steps:



  1. Blanch shrimp in salted boiling water for 1 minute, drain.

  2. Blanch broccoli in boiling water

  3. In a skillet / wok, saute garlic in a little oil.

  4. Add the onions

  5. When the onions are caramelized, add all the other ingredients.

  6. Stir the veggies around a little and add the cornstarch mixture.

  7. Cook until the sauce thickens, do not overcook the vegetables.

No comments: