Sunday, July 12, 2020

Week 18: Menudo

I've been in a cooking funk lately - it has been so hot and despite the AC going on full blast at home 24/7, I didn't really want to cook.

We almost always have rice for our meals but lately, we've just had salads, sandwiches, corn or the pandecoco that I've been ordering weekly from a friend-turned-home-baker. We've also been ordering takeout and pizza often.

Today, I went to the Shoprite to get a few items and ended up with $100+ worth of groceries.

I ended up cooking Menudo this afternoon - my style, I always make sure to say "my style" because mine wouldn't compare to the yummy menudo one can get from the turo-turo - and ended up with 4 servings. So aside from tonight's dinner, we'll be having it for 3 more meals in the next week or 2.

As of today, we should be good for the week, even if laziness strikes (or so I think). We can make (hot) sandwiches, tapa (tapsilog) and grilled kalbi (if I get around to making the marinade).

No comments: