Sunday, January 20, 2019

Winter Storm Harper 2019

The worst of winter storm Harper is over - in our town, at least. And while the husband is very happy that there's barely anything to clean & shovel, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

First off, Swe-cha had declared last Friday that he plans on "throwing snowballs at Mommy, only Mommy and not Daddy" and I'd just convinced him that it would be more fun to team up against Daddy and make him cry. I wanted to get at least a few inches of snow but as it was, we got a small amount which was followed by icy rain.

Then, I over-prepped as always, including picking up a 50 lb bag of salt by myself, it was tough getting it from the bottom of the Costco shopping cart onto the back of my SUV. I also charged all the batteries I could find and looked for the LED lanterns which I put away in some forgotten place last year.

Lastly, I was also excited to see how our new car arrangement will work out this time. We normally park our cars side by side but when it snows, we've always parked both on one side of the driveway. The theory was that it would keep half of the driveway free of snow and we'd only have to throw the snow away on half. This time, we parked the cars in the middle of the driveway with the thought that it'd be easier to throw snow to the sides if the snow were at the sides (and not in the middle).

No comments: