Sunday, August 26, 2018

Hardwood floor cleaning & polishing

We spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning and polishing our hardwood floors.

We didn't get to finish the whole living area but we were able to the high traffic areas.

Used home made recipes and made my own floor cleaner and floor polish. I should've taken before photos for comparison. These turned out good.

Floor cleaner recipe by Sarah Lipoff:
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon castile soap
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
2 cups warm water
essential oil (optional - I added tea tree oil and orange essential oils)

I mixed up all the ingredients above and put them in a spray bottle. Shake and spray the cleaning solution onto the floor, clean using rags and some elbow grease.

Floor polish by Becca Piastrelli:
1/4 cups olive oil
1/3 cup white vinegar
12 drops lemon essential oil (note: used orange EO instead and in the past, I've used lavender EO)
5 cups hot water

I only made half quantity of the above Floor Polish recipe and put the solution in a squeeze bottle. Shake and squeeze the polish onto the floor and I spread it around with a soft buffing cloth mounted on a Swiffer.




No comments: