Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Winter storm Jonas


I was at Walmart earlier today to pick up an equipment mat for our treadmill (oo, seryosong exercise na ito).

While waiting in line, I spied several customers picking up bags of ice melt so I decided to pick up a couple of bags too on my way out. I figured there must be something coming our way.

Good thing I did, looks like we're in for a lot of snow this weekend.

I remember the last time we got a forecast of a foot of snow - my car was entirely buried, including the radio antenna!



2 comments:

L said...

I've never ever seen snow! I don't travel kasi pa winter e

popcorn said...

If you ever get the chance to experience it, do take the opportunity! Pero don't expect too much ah. Masaya when it's snowing just because it's new to us, it's a novelty.

Afterwards, hindi na okay. You get wet and the ground gets messy and muddy. Tapos ilang linggo na ayaw pa matanggal. Walang ma parking-an, walang malakaran, the snow melts on warm days and then refreezes on colder days, the refrozen water then becomes black ice on the streets and sidewalks - sobrang delikado eto kasi hindi nakikita and madulas, it causes accidents.