Monday, August 31, 2015

Customer knows best

Okay, I really shouldn't be drinking sugar but I decided to take a small treat this afternoon so I asked for a shot of liquid sugar instead of my usual plain black iced tea at Dunkin Donuts.

DD staff assembles my tea and hands me a cup that had what seems to be a half-inch sludge of white sugar granules.

I didn't reach for it and pointed instead, "oh, that's not liquid sugar. I asked for liquid sugar".

DD staff says "Yes, it is. That's liquid sugar."

I say, "Oh no, it's not. See that it's white ? They're clearly sugar granules. Liquid sugar is clear."

DD staff tries to hand the cup to me and asked, "have you tasted it ? you haven't tried it yet"

I respond, "I don't have to. I know it is NOT liquid sugar"

DD staff then says "okay, I'll change it."

"Thank you."


No comments: