Tuesday, July 22, 2014

High on Milestones

It's been a while since I blogged and I'm still exhausted from our recent trip but I cannot pass up this chance to record the milestones that we experienced today.

- In the morning, Swe-cha brought my shoes to me while I was getting ready for work and said "Bye bye, Mommy"

- Some time after dinner, Swe-cha went to the bathroom pooped in bathroom by himself. He's been good about going to the bathroom when he needs to and I let him go by himself but I do follow close behind to monitor him. This time, I saw that he sat down, did his thing and flushed. He did not wipe but immediately pulled up his pants, I intervened and gave him a bath.

- Hubby decided to mow the front lawn. *eyes wide* Yes. On a weekday!
Apparently, he realized that tomorrow is a Wednesday (our yard waste pickup day). We have 2 yard waste containers, the first of which I've already filled 1/3 - 1/2 when I started pulling out the weeds*** on Monday afternoon. Normally, we fill up both containers to the brim when we mow the lawn so it dawned on him that with all the weeds I already pulled, there was no way we were going to be able to fit the cuttings if he waited till the weekend. He decided to do the front yard and when he was done, he did part of the side yard as well. He stopped when it got dark just before 9pm.

As I told my friend this afternoon, "the one good thing I can see when you hit rock bottom is that from there on, there is really nowhere else to go but up..." =)


---

*** more on weeds later. Kainis ito.

No comments: