Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Apt 9 Extra Low Cut Liners

For the longest time, I've been frustrated by the "no show liners/socks" that I have been. I've tried different brands, bought at different shops and nothing seemed to do what it was supposed to do - NOT SHOW.

See how the liners are peeking out in the front part of my shoe ? and check out the heel part. And these are suppoesd to be low-cut and extra-low-cut liners.

This afternoon, I had some extra time and decided to surf the net for recommendations. I was about to give in and shell out $33 for 4 pairs of Sheec Solehugger Secrets as they seemed to have the best reviews... but I couldn't find it in my heart to click "check out" because $33 was too expensive for 4 pairs of socks - and since I couldn't see / try them, I didn't even know if they were going to work!

And then... *drum roll please* while checking out Sheec reviews, I came across a thread where people were talking about liners that they wear with their ballet flats and someone recommended Kohl's Apt 9 brand.

I dropped by Kohl's after work and browsed through their selection. They have several variants - no show, low cut, extra low cut - and they have different sizes - size 4-8, size 9-12, one size fits all. I rummaged around and found 2 packs (3 pairs each) of the size 4-8 extra low cut liner socks in cotton. They were the last 2 packs in the store and the packaging was torn, I bought them anyway despite them being white - I wanted cream and/or black - but hey, if they don't show anyway, why should the color matter ?

I tried them as soon as I got home and voila! No show! They really were low cut and didn't show. I tried them with the pumps that I usually wear on "business casual attire" days and they didn't show up either.

These socks/liners retail for $12.50 for 3 pairs.

I got them for Buy 1 get 1 50% off. As I didn't have any coupons, I showed the cashier my MVC (Most Valuable Customer) credit card and she took another 15% off.

I paid around $15.xx for 6 pairs. This is way better than the $33 I was about to pay for 4 pairs earlier today.

I'm a happy camper :-)

No comments: