Friday, July 23, 2021

Krispy Kreme

R&B are going to take Swe-cha swimming today so I woke up extra early to go pick up some Krispy Kreme donuts for them to snack on.


I was 3rd in line at KK, the first was a family who has a big order ($100+). The guy next in line (in front of me) would look at me and his watch and say, "it's been half an hour!". As it turns out, it took the family a while to complete their order because there were a lot of them - it wasn't that they were undecided, there were just many of them so it took a while to consolidate. Afterwards, the same cashier who punched in their order was also the only one who would assemble their donuts and drinks. 


By the time customer #2 got in front, he complained, "hey, you need more help around here" and KK staff responds and says, "we're hiring! you should apply". It wasn't the answer that he was looking for, obviously, and customer had a few more things to say.


Thankfully there were no other customers behind me so when it was my turn, I felt comfortable enough to ask for suggestions on how I should buy my donuts (half-dozen, dozen, by the piece) because I didn't really want to buy too much but I did also want to get a better deal. I was pleasantly surprised when the cashier took his time punching in different combinations of orders and then giving me a suggestion. I thanked him for making that effort and told him I appreciated his time. Next thing I know, he was saying "I'm not going to charge you for the NY cheesecake donut because you're nice". 


Thank you, KK staff. You're nice too :)

No comments: