Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Toilet Parts

I was today years old when I learned that the inside of a toilet tank lid has a list of the replacement parts and part numbers for your toilet.

So for a few weeks, if not months, one toilet in the bathroom has been leaking water into the bowl and this causes it to flush a few more times every day when not in use. 
I tried looking at the parts inside and knew that the flapper needed to be replaced but couldn't figure out what part to buy. I've replaced flappers in my old condo before and I've always just bought universal replacements but the one in my tank doesn't look "universal" at all. It wasn't until recently that I got annoyed enough at all the waste that I actually sat down to do research. 

Leaking toilet is the common bathroom, these photos are from the master bath which I also replaced because the flapper also looked like it was melting.
 

No comments: