Monday, November 7, 2016

Fall updates

A blog-worthy weekend:

(1) Hubby found our Wii which has been unused for 7 years. He plugged it in and Swe-cha loves Wii sports. He's been looking for basketball games and we might pick a used game from Gamestop - Wii games are so cheap now as we are probably the only ones still playing.

(2) I realized that my face and my usual orders are well-known in several restaurants now - a Starbucks in Paramus, the Vietnamese restaurant in Belleville and a couple of Dunkin Donuts in Clifton. It's a huge advantage when there's a long line in the order counter and the guys behind can start making up your order before you even make it to the front. All they need is a nod from me to go ahead and make the same.

(3) My car broke down. I heard a clanging noise come from the direction of the engine and soon after, I could not steer anymore (I lost power steering!). Thankfully, I had not gotten to a busy road yet - I was just about to turn into the main road when I realized my steering was compromised so I put on the hazard lights and slowly backed my way away from the busy street. God was watching out for me. Thank you, Lord.

We had AAA tow the mechanic and I'm still waiting to hear back on whether the car would be done today, I'll have to pick up a rental car otherwise. Nakaka-stress

and an exchange I overheard between hubby & Swe-cha:
Daddy: Swe-cha, let's clean up here, can you get the vacuum ?
Swe-cha: [runs off and calls out] Roomba!

---
[someone farts]
Mommy: Who farted ?
Swecha: that was totot [giggles]

---
Swecha: [puts on his crocs and shows them to me] Mommy, is balih-tad  ? (baligtad).



No comments: