So the internet has been buzzing about Manny Pacquiao's statement about the LGBT community.
All sorts of people have given their opinions and syempre, may comments rin ako:
- Tama ba namang icompare ang LGBT to animals ? Napaka harsh naman nun. Mas masakit pa kung iisipin mo kung ano si Manny. Kala mo kung sinong napakabanal na tao na walang kasalanan, e kalat na kalat naman yung infidelity nya. Hindi ba ipinagbabawal sa bible ang kumaliwa sa asawa ?
Kunsabagay, am sure na tinawag rin siyang hayop ni jinky nung times na kumakaliwa siya ;)
- Some people say that Manny is a hero, he's done so much for our country and he's even bled for our country - napaka super duper OVER naman nito. Yes, he excelled in his sport and has given our people so much to be proud of. Pero di naman tama na i-compare siya sa mga servicemen whose lives are on the line every day.
Boxing is Manny's sport / livelihood, it's not a service to his community/countrymen.
He is NOT a hero.
- In fairness to Manny Pacquiao, I have to admire his commitment. He apologized for his words but he remained committed to being against same-sex marriage. He's surely lost a lot of votes already, he even got dropped as an endorser by Nike, but he remains steadfast in his resolve.
- It's true that the Catholic Church is against homosexuality but it's also true that the Catholic Church tenets have been around for a long time, baka dapat nang ma-update ?
One time, I had a discussion with a friend about same-sex marriages. Sabi ni friend, against raw siya dahil "Katoliko ako eh and bawal sa simbahan yan". Immediately, I pointed out, "e diba ipinagbabawal rin ng simbahan ang IVF ? bakit nag IVF ka ? " Natahimik at napaisip si friend. Eventually, nung nakapagsalita na siya, "you have a point" ang sagot nya.
- May relative ako na feeling ko LGBT pero hindi naman siya nagladlad pa. Siguro ayaw rin bigyan ng sakit ng ulo ang parents/family nya. Sana someday, may chance rin siya ilabas ang totoong pagkatao nya in public. Can't be easy having to keep your real self a secret.