Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hello there

Hello there, blog.  I've missed you so much.

I don't have much time but I just want to jot down some popcorn thoughts as they come to mind :)

----

I have been unimaginably busy these past months but I am slowly getting into the groove of things and I am now able to breathe.

Work is great. I've met a lot of new people, made new friends and am starting to "network"  with a lot of great and talented people. I love feeling useful again outside of the home environment.

August also saw us moving Swe-cha to a new daycare. His old school was taking on too many kids and there weren't enough staff so kids were mostly unsupervised and so we decided to move - of course, me having an income made the decision easier because tuition at the new place is steeper than the old one. It's taken us a month but I find Swe-cha playing and running around now when I pick him up at the end of the day. It broke my heart each time (these past weeks) when I'd pick him up from the playground in the afternoon and I'd find that he'd been sitting at the gate waiting for me all the time.

I took a day off from work today. Had some appointments to attend, including a doctor's appointment for me, and got home in time to start preparations for beef tendon noodle soup ( will share recipe! ang bango! ). I'm hoping that Swe-cha likes it.

Will be staying home tomorrow as well as Swe-cha's school is closed for Yom Kippur.  Last week, they closed for Rosh Hashanah. *sigh* Each time they have a school holiday, my pocket hurts because either hubby or I have to stay home from work and we still have to pay full tuition anyway.

I started my day off today working moving around - much much more than I usually do at work. Swe-cha welcomed the day by playing w/ poop (sigh!) and after giving him a bath (again), I had to quickly clean & disinfect his play area & toys. Of course, I had to do the entire thing because I don't know what he touched with his soiled hands. And guess what the little one was doing while I was cleaning his play area ? He decided that stairs are a great playground so he went up and started HOPPING DOWN the steps while singing Baby Bop's (Barney) Hop Hop Hop song. I didn't even realize that he had climbed over the fence that defines his play area. Yes, my heart had a great cardio workout.

* SO NOT FUN *

Then, it was time to go. While he didn't really fight me while I was getting him changed to go out, he didn't cooperating either. Imagine trying to put clothes on a limp rag doll the size & weight of a toddler. Ang hirap! Took me more than 10 minutes to get him changed when it should've been only a minute or two.

Hangkolet. But I wouldn't trade this for the world :)

No comments: