Saturday, May 5, 2012

My husband is a smart guy

I woke up one morning a few days ago and went down to the kitchen, expecting to find several bags of trash that we'd accumulated over the previous days. I wasn't really looking forward to it because the weather had already warmed up and among our trash were melon rinds and lots of Swe-cha's soiled diapers.

When I entered the kitchen, I was waiting for the smells to assail my nose and was surprised to see all the trash bags gone.

Wow. Hubby actually threw out the trash the night before ? and without even being told to do so ?

Double wow.

Hubby, you see, has to be told what to do. If you do not ask him, he's okay with just letting full trash bags accumulate. You could pile up loads of clean laundry on our spare bed and he'll just pass by or play games on the side and won't fold unless I ask him to.

I usually just throw trash out myself because I'm tired of having to ask all the time but if I have Swe-cha at home with me on a rainy day, then I can't handle both him and the trash because he will want to go out to run and I don't want to tempt him to go outside.

That night, I was so happy and I thanked hubby over and over.

And then a few days later, it hit me. Teka...

It's okay to be thankful if he threw out the trash or did a household chore but why would I be this happy about it because shouldn't he be doing this anyway ? Parang weird right ? That's when I realized what he's been doing... it was an AHA moment. All along, hubby has been training me to not expect anything na so when he actually makes the effort, I'd be so happy =D

Sneaky!

No comments: