Friday, January 27, 2012

Hubby in the store

I asked the husband to drop by the store on his way home to pick up some baby wipes and diaper rash ointment.

When he got to the baby store, he gives me a call.

him: "What do I need to get again ?"

me: "Baby wipes and Desitin cream"

him: "What kind of baby wipes ?"

me: "Anything that's unscented."

him: "Pampers ?"

me: "Pwede"

him: "Huggies ?"

me: "Pwede rin, kahit ano nga. Ikaw na bahala. Kahit ano pwede natin gamitin, pero diba ikaw yung maarte na naiinis sa scented wipes ? Ayaw mo yung amoy ? Di naman namimili anak at asawa mo. Ikaw na mag decide kung anong scent ang pwede sa yo or unscented na lang nga, para wala kang reklamo."

Now, this conversation is taking place while I am feeding Swe-cha. So in essence, I'm really talking to both my boys at the same time. Both are demanding my time and attention. At this point, Swe-cha wants to grab the phone already.

him: "Anong mas prefer mo ?"

me: "KAHIT ANO NGA. IKAW NA MAG-ISIP. O SIGE. PAMPERS! PAMPERS NA!"

him: "Ay, sale pala yung huggies, 2 for $12."

me: "edi huggies na"

him: "walang unscented eh"

me: "edi pampers na nga!"

him: "pero merong cucumber and aloe ba ito ? Parang light lang ito"

me: "SIGE, BILHIN MO NA YAN. KAHIT ANO."

him: "ilan ? 2 or 4 na lang ?"

me: "sige, 4 na"

him: "ay, 3 na lang nandito. Pano na to ?"

me: "EDI DALAWA NA LANG BILHIN MO!"

him: [ rummages around the shelves ] "Ay, meron palang unscented, yehey!"

me: "o sige, yan na kunin mo"

him: "huggies na ah ?"

me: "AYOKO NA. USE YOUR JUDGEMENT. KUNG AYAW MO MAG-ISIP, UMUWI KA NA. WAG KA NA BUMILI. AKO NA LANG BIBILI BUKAS. UMUWI KA NA."

him: "O sige, ako na bahala ha"

Sobrang naubos pasensya ko. Here I am, with a toddler screaming in one ear and I'm struggling to hear hubby through the other ear because he was whispering in the store.

We go through this each and every time we need something. Usually, I just order online & have him just pick up in-store so he does not have to think anymore. I think this is backfiring on me because now, I spoiled him so much that he does not want to think/decide on these little things anymore. Wipes lang, he cannot decide ?

I swear, if gas weren't expensive and if the store weren't out of my way and very convenient for him because it's on his way home ? I'd rather just go buy supplies myself, less stress.

Love ko si hubby. Pero minsan, masarap lang siyang pitikin sa ilong :) Lalo na kung nakikisabay pa siya dito sa bulilit. I can multitask but not when my boys are involved, di ko kaya!

2 comments:

Liza said...

i totally get you! my hubby is like that sometimes too. it's little things that he'll ask you about and when you tell him to decide, he can't seem to decide. hay! that's why minsan, ikaw ang lugi sa situation. but that's life. :D

popcorn said...

Hi liza,

Thanks for sharing :)

Hubby's better at deciding now, kelangan lang masanay ulit sa concept na pwede siyang mag decide and I will go with whatever he picks / chooses (hindi ako maiinis or magagalit kung di ako agree).