We prepared this dish last Sunday lunch, the recipe is from my friend Irene.
Sammie did a great job wrapping up the asparagus stalks with bacon, they were all firmly wrapped and don't fall apart even if you cut it across the middle.
We're still a bit off with the oven settings and as you can see, the asparagus tips are overcooked. Nevertheless, these were yummy!
Link to Irene's Original Recipe:
- Green Asparagus Slices of Bacon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Teriyaki Sauce (Kikkoman)
- Hold 1 asparagus on both ends and bend gently until it snaps. Throw away the bottom portion, and use the remaining one as a guide to cut the rest of the asparagus bundle.
- Take 3-4 asparagus together, wrap 1 slice of bacon around it in a spiral manner until it covers 3/4 of your asparagus. Do it for the remaining asparagus.
- Line bacon wrapped asparagus on a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Brush with teriyaki sauce (optional).
- Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is brown and crispy.