Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tough day

It's only 3:43pm and already, I feel so drained!

Today has been one of those days. Woke up early for a weekly 7a status meeting. Thankfully, I did bring up the fact that the UK guy has been cancelling our meetings every other week anyway and proposed that we just set bi-weekly meetings instead. He agreed. This guy would cancel the meetings but would email at the very last minute so the Manila peeps have to stay up late in the office anyway and I have already woken up extra early that day. The past few Thursdays have not been fun because of this.

11a found me dealing with a huge client issue. We lost some data and I was just about ready to roll up my sleeves and wade through millions of files to get 361 separate files that contain backups of the lost data. I did not look forward to the job that followed that - moving the data into the db. Thankfully, God heard my frantic pleas and it turned out that we already had the utilities to do the file uploads.

I explained what happened to the client (part of it is their fault, I think) and that I would do everything to get the data restored quickly. I'll spend some time afterwards and try to find out what caused this but that is the least of my worries right now. Data restoration first.

Times like these make me want to retire and unfortunately, hubby and I are still ages away from being real estate magnates (haha!) with lots of income-generating properties. We do like to scout around every now and then to look at properties on the market as we've been wanting to move to a bigger place now. Here's to hoping that our financial situation will continue to be good or improve - even better! - so that we can eventually move to a bigger home and with that, set our condo up as a rental with the help of a good and qualified Real Property Management company.

No comments: